We can learn a lot about what it takes to be successful from watching the stories about how these athletes got to this level, and then watching them actually “do their work” during the next 2 weeks.
I challenge each of you (including myself!) to see what Olympic lessons you can learn this year that apply to your work and life as an entrepreneur.
I started the list for you:
- Find your niche: pick a focus and put your energy there.
- Set a vision: know what you’re reaching for.
- Set goals: plan the steps of how you’re going to make your vision a reality.
- Gather a support team: Request fan support (friends, family & colleagues), hire a life/biz coach, involve specialists where needed
- Take a whole-life view & approach: It’s not just about your business — pay attention to your health, relationships, environment, etc.
- Use business best practices …with your own twist: Start with what has worked for others, and tweak it to work for YOU to get your best results.
- Cross train: Try different things to get outside your comfort zone and give you fresh perspective
- Put your heart into your work: Without passion, it’s just really hard work.
- Celebrate your victories: Acknowledge your successes… congratulate yourself.
- Take time off: Work hard, then give yourself a chance to rest and reSpark your energy.
As you watch the Olympics this year, see what you can learn from the athletes, and their coaches and fans — and make your own list to inspire you in your entrepreneurial life. Share your lists in a comment here, or on our Facebook Fan Page!
Get your Olympic-level support by joining our upcoming Yearlong Adventure program –a full year of entrepreneurial “training,” practice, and inspiration. Don’t miss this one-time-only Do-it-yourself Video theme to take your business to the next level!